Attics, Basements, Crawlspaces or Venting in Maryland and Virginia.
Not all a mold remediation contractors are identical and no two jobs are identical. A qualified, professional mold remediation contractor will remove back mold safely. This means making sure mold spores do not get recirculated throughout the home via your HVAC system making the job even bigger!
So, what is the average black mold removal cost in the Northern Virginia and DC metro area? A good rule of thumb is $15 to $30 per square foot. However, there are no one-size fits-all prices. The level of contamination directly affects the black mold removal cost. That level is determined by thorough onsite inspection. Once inspected, we can provide a detailed quotation based on our specific findings. When necessary, a full scientific report is provided by our lab partner from samples taken from the contaminated area. The black mold removal cost of an unfinished basement varies from as little as $800 or as high as $4,000 depending on the project scope - which is defined by how much mold is present - and total area it covers. If the attic and air ductwork are also affected, the cost averages range from $2,000 to $6,000. In some cases of recent home flooding, the mold may be through the entire home. This could mean remediation cost up to $10,000 - $30,000, and up depending total square footage. Fortunately for our customers, Environmental Mold Control provides cost effective mold removal services that are usually substantially less than other mold removal contractors. We are able to offer professional mold removal services at low prices because we are able to leverage the costs of doing business with our sister company, Environmental Pest Control.
Factors Affecting Black Mold Remediation and Abatement Costs
- Location of Mold (Attics, Ductwork, Basement, Crawlspaces, Walls)
- Level of corrosion could require treatment or replacement drywall, lumber, subflooring, siding
- Will specialized protective and disposal equipment be needed?
- Warranty and work experience of black mold removal company
- How early the mold is detected and treated
- What testing is required
- Will insurance cover it? Most homeowner’s insurance policies do not provide coverage.
- Method of mold removal; antimicrobial cleaning, abrading, or dry ice blasting
Please follow these links for more information: